I make a lot of smoothies for breakfast. My typical recipe is high in anti-oxidants and fiber, with all kinds of yummy stuff in it. It’s easy for me to blend up and drink while I am getting ready in the morning. But I have seen this trend of making smoothie bowls so I decided to try my hand at one over the weekend, for my 30 Day Challenge.
I posted this picture on my social media accounts earlier this week, but thought it would be fun to post the recipe here.
- 1 c. So Vanilla Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 scoops Orgain Organic Protein Powder Vanilla Bean
- 1 scoop Orgain Collagen Powder
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 c. Frozen Organic Blueberries
- 1/2 c. Frozen Organic Kale
I blended all of this together and poured into a bowl. I then topped it with:
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/4 c. Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Unsweetened Coconut
- Handful of fresh blueberries
The frozen banana helps give the smoothie an ice cream consistency. I only use 1/2 though because it’s medium-high on the glycemic index scale. You can make it thicker by adding more bananas. (I keep bananas in the freezer when they start to get too ripe. I peel them, break them in half, wrap them in plastic wrap, and then seal them in a freezer bag.)
I like Orgain’s product because it has 21 grams of organic plant-based protein, 5 grams fiber, and no added no sugar. With my fibromyalgia and food intolerances, I no longer use soy or whey based protein powders. This is has been my go to powder for about a year or more now.
I add collagen powder to help support collagen formation. This helps your body with things like healthy skin, nails, hair, tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
Benefits of smoothies:
- This is a great way to sneak more fruits, vegetables, and fiber into your diet.
- The combinations and options are endless!
- Protein-rich breakfasts keep you fuller longer, and have many other health benefits.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Do you have a favorite smoothie or smoothie bowl recipe for me to try?
P.S. This post was originally written in April, 2018.
Update 08/04/2019: I believe in the Orgain protein powder so much, I became an Orgain Ambassador. I will be trying all of the products, and you can too! To get 30% off your first order, follow this link and use my personal discount code: PHOTOBAUGH
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored. I purchase all of my own Orgain products. However, as an Orgain Ambassador I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase with my personal code.