With the dog days of summer coming, it’s a time for fun in the sun, BBQs, and summer vacations. While you are busy making your Bucket list for things to do this summer, take a few minutes to watch or read these stories. Hopefully they will make you smile, tug at your heart, and inspire you to have fun, laugh, and share the joy in your life with others.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” ~Helen Keller
10 Things to Inspire You this Month
- Reimagine what education looks like. Sloth Art Class: The public school inside a zoo.
- You can’t tell this dog he’s disabled. Watch this Wheeler Heeler herd cattle. #lovewhatyoudo
- This dog has some motherly instincts! Labrador adopts ducklings
- An inseparable bond. Watch this story about the odd couple of dogs – Blue Dozer the pit bull and OJ the blind dachshund. Their owner became homeless and insisted they stay together. It’s a story of true friendship between dogs.
- Over 41 million Americans are food insecure. And about 20 million children receive free lunches. Read about a young girl who developed an app called Food for Thought that allows parents, students, and kind-hearted strangers to donate meals to these kids – anonymously for the recipient and the donor.
- Endurance and determination. Here’s a story of a teen who demonstrates that hard work and determination do indeed pay off. “Corey teaches us all a great lesson about endurance and how to push through no matter our circumstances.”
- This teen’s random act of kindness made his mother proud, when he used an umbrella to shelter a senior sitting in the hot Houston sun. Read about it here.
- “Spread love where ever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” ~ Mother Teresa
- This ❤ Life is a gift.
- The littlest SWAT Officer. And finally, this story is about a little boy whose police officer father was killed in the line of duty. He was hoping for one officer to escort him back to school. 70 officers answered the call.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this June edition of “10 Things to Inspire You” and you share some of these quotes and stories with your friends and family.
What is inspiring you this month?