Your Voice Matters
For those of us who live with fibromyalgia, we are painfully aware of it every day. But this year May 12 has been designated to educate others. The theme this year is “Your Voice Matters” to call attention to the fact that everyone has a say in education, awareness, and making changes to help those who suffer from chronic pain.
What it Is
- Constant dull ache on both sides of the body and above and below the waist
- Tension headaches
- Inability to concentrate on tasks
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Fibromyalgia is the second most ailment affecting the musculoskeletal system after osteoporosis. Source: http://www.ecarediary.com/Blog2713
So in the spirit of helping with awareness, here are some other websites and bloggers I like, that write about life with fibromyalgia:
- Periwinkle Pursuits where Rene writes about life with fibromyalgia
- Counting My Spoons where fellow fibro-warrior Julie writes to educate others on many health issues
- Chronicles of Fibromyalgia where Leah shares her fibro journey and struggles
- Dr. Murphree’s site has good information on the condition; listen to one of his conference calls
- Read my earlier post of how I cope – healthy lifestyle choices are the best methods for me and I feel it when I make bad eating choices or have high stress levels
My Voice Matters
Hopefully I have provided *a little* awareness on this “invisible” condition. So the next time I seem a little grumpy or am moving slowly, it’s probably because when I crawled out of bed and kicked fibromyalgia in the butt that morning, it kicked back.
Do you have any good resources for fibromyaglia or coping with chronic pain to share?