Your Voice Matters
For those of us who live with fibromyalgia, we are painfully aware of it every day. But May 12 has been designated to educate others. The theme this year is “Your Voice Matters” to call attention to the fact that everyone has a say in education, awareness, and making changes to help those who suffer from chronic pain.
What it Is
- Constant dull ache on both sides of the body and above and below the waist
- Tension headaches
- Inability to concentrate on tasks
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Fibromyalgia is the second most ailment affecting the musculoskeletal system after osteoporosis. Source: http://www.ecarediary.com/Blog2713
So in the spirit of helping with awareness, here are a few other websites and bloggers I follow that write about life with fibromyalgia:
- FibroBloggerDirectory where Lee has a whole directory of others writing about their experience and her site is Fibro Files
- Chronicles of Fibromyalgia where Leah shares her fibro journey and struggles
- Reclaiming Hope where Terri writes about thriving despite having Fibromyalgia
- I Tripped Over a Stone where Kim shares her life with Fibromyalgia
- Counting My Spoons where fellow fibro-warrior Julie writes to educate others on many health issues
- Dr. Murphree’s site has good information on the condition; listen to one of his conference calls
- Read my earlier post of how I cope – healthy lifestyle choices are the best methods for me and I feel it when I make bad eating choices or have high stress levels
My Voice Matters
Hopefully I have provided *a little* awareness on this “invisible” condition. So the next time I seem a little grumpy or am moving slowly, it’s probably because when I crawled out of bed and kicked fibromyalgia in the butt that morning, it kicked back.
Do you have any good resources for fibromyaglia or coping with chronic pain to share?