The day is not quite over yet, so in the spirit of World Hello Day I wanted to write a quick post. This is the 44th annual observance of this day that is simply designed for you to greet ten people for peace. Having done that already in person today, I wanted to try to reach at least 10 people out in the blogosphere. I thought I would post 10 interesting things about me, in hopes of getting (at least) 10 likes. So here goes:
- I have been to 12 countries, 20 islands, seen 7 volcanoes, and visited *most* of the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- I have caught a shark while deep sea fishing.
- I was helped on stage by Peter Gabriel at one of his concerts.
- I sometimes eat dessert first.
- I like fresh peaches, but not peach flavored anything. On the contrary, I don’t like real cherries, but will eat cherry flavored Starbursts. (As a kid, I used to eat my grandmother’s Luden cherry cough drops like candy!)
- I only have 11 sets of ribs.
- I swam with sea turtles while snorkeling in Hawaii.
- I have been bungee jumping.
- I have been in a hot air balloon.
- I took a picture of an eclipse through a welder’s hood a few years ago that was tweeted by USA Today – and I came across it pinned the other day on someone’s board on Pinterest. (OK, that’s probably more silly than interesting!)
That’s 10 quick things about me. Leave me a comment and tell me something interesting about you! And let’s keep the communication going.
Read some past letters in observance of this day.
Peace and Cheers,