As summer winds to a close and school starts up again for some, I find myself wondering where the summer went. I hope all of you who made summer bucket lists were able to cross all of those things off and have some fun.
Although it is difficult to find the energy to be an inspiration to others when you’re exhausted and have little energy for yourself, I did manage to take a few days for a lovely family vacation last week. I was able to rest, relax, and recover, and I am finally coming out of this wicked fibroflare. I hope you enjoy this month’s round-up of everyday inspirations!
10 Things to Inspire You in August:
- Read about the 10 things I did to relax and love myself while on vacation last week. Hopefully this will inspire you to practice some #selflove this week!
- Here’s a different kind of love story, about two twenty-somethings that got heart transplants on the same day. And then fell in love. It’s a long read, but worth it. ❤
- We all have periods of self-doubt. Here are 10 Life-Hacks to Believing in Yourself again.
4. And while we’re on the subject, listen to Mel Robbin’s TEDTalk on How to Stop Screwing Yourself so you can get what you want. Even if it means being uncomfortable.
5. What I wouldn’t give for my work clothes to be more like yoga pants… This former banking exec turned fashion designer is trying to meld business fashion with comfort. (And if you believe Lee and Wrangler, Yoga Pants Are the New Jeans.)
6. This firefighter rappelled down a waterfall to rescue man’s best friend. Like father, like son.
7. This 15-year-old was trying to sell his pig to raise money for cancer. Read the story and see the plans 4 bidders in a row had for him and his pig.
8. This 90-year-old retired vet gives ailing dogs — and rabbits and chickens — a spring in their step.
9. While we didn’t see the Perseid meteor shower these last few days, we did have an opportunity to gaze at the stars by the ocean on a night with no moon last week. Breathtaking. If you weren’t lucky enough to see the meter showers either, take a look at some photos here and here.
10. If you are looking for ways to get more inspiration in your life, grab yourself one of these journals and spend a year thinking about things that make you happy and bring you joy. The 52 Lists Project or The 52 Lists for Happiness. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
Wishing you all some inspiration today! I hope your life story will be a good one, too.