Wow! Grateful and humbled by my nomination from Sara AKA FibroButterfly18 who writes the blog The Last Days of Pompeii . Her blog, like mine, is written from the perspective of someone who lives with fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions, but doesn’t let it define her. She looks at each day as a gift and is much happier for it. So check out her blog.
And before I could even get this blog post finished, I was also nominated by LadyFibroWarrior, who was on my list of nominees before I heard from her about nominating me! She is another awesome fibrowarrior blogging about life with fibromyalgia and maintaining a positive attitude.
Please check them both of these lovely ladies’ blogs out. You know you want to! And Thank you both for honoring me with this.
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
My Answers to FibroButterfly18:
- Why did you start your blog? I started this to try to share my story of life with fibromyalgia, and how I have learned to cope with the challenge of living with a chronic condition. My goal was to inspire or help one person with the healthy lifestyle habits I have incorporated.
- What motivates you to write a post? Can I say “it depends”? Sometimes it’s a lovely quote I come across.Sometimes it’s a daily challenge or prompt. And sometimes it’s just something I am dealing with in my life. I am trying to become more deliberate and less haphazard with planning out my posts, but some days I post a picture… just because.
- What is your all time favorite blog and why? Wow, that’s not a loaded question, is it? There are so many great bloggers out there that I don’t think I have an all-time favorite. One of my very favorites is the first blog I started reading: My Beauty Bunny by Jen Matthews. I came across her blog probably in 2010 or 2011 and am still reading it today. I always refer to her blog when I am checking on whether a product is cruelty-free or not, and I love her great reviews and awesome contests (here’s one I won!).
- What are your blogging short term goals and long term goals? Short-term is to finish my “branding” or identity. I just recently finally found a name I was happy with, after just going with my social media handle (photobaugh) for so long. Long-term is develop a more intentional approach to blogging so that I can perhaps turn this into a business when I retire from my full-time job in a few years.
- What do you hope people take away from your blog posts? Hope, inspiration, joy. I always try to end on a positive note. I aspire to inspire others.
- What is your favorite post that you have written for your blog and why? Another tough question. I would say the post called Combating the Loneliness of Chronic Pain, because I felt like I had written about some sound advice for coping with something we all struggle with at times – loneliness.
- What is your favorite activity? Another toughie. I have so many favorite things to do. But I think I am happiest when I am outside in nature, taking pictures.
- How do you promote creativity on your blog? I am really still learning and trying to find my true voice, but I like to use a variety of post types to promote creativity. My blog is not 100% about fibromyalgia, so I sometimes post pictures or quotes, or something in response to a great word of the day prompt.
- Are all readers welcome to your blog or are you a dedicated niche writer? I am definitely not a niche blog – I hope to share with anyone that will read about how I am able to find inspirations in my every day life. We can all use a little more inspiration, can’t we? While I do write a lot about fibromyalgia, I don’t want that to define me. I have other interests (cooking, art, gardening, travel) and passions (volunteering, photography) and I enjoy sharing those.
- What motivates you every day to keep on keeping on? Sheer determination. I don’t see fibromyalgia as a death sentence, just as yet another hurdle that I strive to get over every day.
- Which blogger inspires you? Julie at Counting My Spoons was the first fibro blogger I came across several years ago, so she inspired me to think I could write about my life with fibro. And Lee at Fibro Blogger Directory has inspired me to continue to improve my blog and help promote other bloggers. I love that these bloggers are so willing to share and help others learn and grow.
My Answers to LadyFibroWarrior:
1. Hot or cold? Definitely hot.
2. How did you find or learn about WordPress? Honestly I can’t remember. I have had an account for reading blogs for some time and launched my blog in the fall of 2015. A friend of mine then used it to set up a website for a project we were working on together in our leadership class, exposing me to many other features it had.
3. Favorite T.V show? Friends, Grey’s Anatomy. But currently watching Frasier on Netflix. Oh my goodness that show was so funny!!
4. What do you blog about and why? I blog about life with fibromyalgia and how I try to find inspiration in every day life. I definitely don’t lead a glamorous life, so I just like to post pictures or quotes that inspire me to live the best life I know how.
5. Favorite color? Blue, although you would think it was black from looking at my wardrobe! haha 🙂
6. What is the one thing you could never give up? Mascara, definitely mascara.
7. Coffee or tea? Both. Coffee in the morning, tea before bed and sometimes during the day.
8. Who is your favorite blogger? (See answers #3 and 11 above!)
9. Chocolate or vanilla? Dark chocolate is my *almost* daily splurge 🙂 but their are plenty of vanilla things I like – smoothies, gelato, vanilla bean scones, vanilla bean cheesecake. I just don’t indulge very often in dairy or gluten based products. 😦
10. Have you ever published anything? If so, name drop so we may check it out. Not per se. I have co-written a trade article and have spoken at several regional and international conferences for work.
11. What country you live in? The great old USA!
My Questions – Let’s Have Some Fun with This!
- What was the last blog post you read?
- What made you laugh today?
- What are you grateful for today?
- Where was the last place you went on vacation?
- Where is your favorite place to take a vacation?
- What inspired you to start writing a blog?
- What did you wish you knew before you started blogging?
- When you’re not reading blogs, would you rather binge watch Netflix or read a good book?
- Which social media platform do you prefer and why?
- What is your favorite quote or saying?
- What one thing did you do this last week to show yourself some self-love or self-care?
- Lady Fibro Warrior
- Mama’s Fibromyalgia Journey
- Melissa vs. Fibro
- The Nutritionist Melissa
- Tea with Jennifer
- Spending Spoons
- Reclaiming Hope
- Spoons & Sass
- The Scoop on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Illness
- Living with Fibromyaglia
- Cooking without Limits
I was nominated for one of these a few years back and never finished the post. Definitely not as easy as one would think! So it’s totally up to these bloggers if they want to participate or not. However, you should still check out their sites. They are all wonderful.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me.